Sunday, May 13, 2007

Resting, Sleeping and eating.......

as the title shows... nothing much has happened since Bkt. Merah Tri........ rested a record 3 days after the event.... partly due to tiredness but partly due to workload which clashes with training time........

but came back with vengeance on Thursday morning... where did a modest 45mins for 22km in a trainer in the morning and completed a pyramid set of 6,5,4,3,2,1 for 2100m of swimming in the afternoon.... but was i bonked out after that... guess my muscles are still feeling the lethargy of doing 2 races back to back in a weekend....

Friday went to Taman Tun for 2 loops of hill work running....... boy was i exhausted... had to stop for a while during the second loop.... fuel was ok but my legs were not functioning....... but at least manage to complete in 52 minutes...... 2 to 3 minutes slower compare to normal training time...

got my NB 15k bibs and vest..... very nice..... of course wut....... Pacesetters event mah....... not really looking forward to the race coz have not been concentrating on running for the past months.... anyway it would be good to come back to running as my run time during tri sucks big time.... gotta make sure i improve on my run fitness so that can target my first top 10 in the coming tris..... but dont know when lah.........

weekends was great .... manage up to meet up with old friends for a drink....... first time slept at 5am after so long..... i think doing tri is wonderful as it forces u to sleep early.... how else can u train and recover if u sleep late?? but of course still finding it hard to balance out private life, working time and training into one...... and alas the training time is always sacrificed...... but at least i still enjoy doing tri and finishing well enough...

till then....... NB 15k......... very hilly woh.......

1 comment:

Kevin Siah said...

My dilemma exactly. Training for triathlons would affect your social life. Good thing my girlfriend is understanding and she sleeps early too. My friends don't even bother asking me to stay out late anymore. Also luckily working life in Perth allows me to sleep early and train early morning.